Why we prefer to schedule sessions around sunset
So you want to learn about golden hour, eh? It’s a pretty popular time of day for photographers to shoot. We’ll tell you what it is and why we prefer this time of day to others.
You may or may not have noticed that all of our open availability for sessions is in the evening before sunset. We do have some daytime sessions available, but we prefer to shoot in the hours leading up to sunset. This is called the ‘Golden Hour.’ During this time, the lighting is absolutely perfect.
- You get yummy light flares and beautiful soft light.
- There are no soft shadows or squinty eyes from the blinding sun at high noon.
- In the summer, the weather isn’t too hot, so you’re able to relax a little better knowing there isn’t sweat running down your face or making stains on your shirt.
- During Golden Hour, everything is warm and pretty and gives off a magical feeling.
We can also get some sweet silhouette shots as the sun is going down on the horizon.
As these sessions are seasonal we’re only accepting evening bookings between July 1st – September 1st.
We’ve Included the Following in these sessions:
* Pre-consult and customization of your portrait session (this is usually done in person but we’ve migrated to zoom meetings, FaceTime, and telephone or even email)
* Wardrobe consult (I help you take the guess work out of what to wear)
*Complimentary Hair & Make-up for one individual
* 1 hr outdoor session (location will be determined as per our consult and customization meeting)
* During the session I will be sure to prompt and pose and direct you in order to capture those flattering angles.
We look forward to seeing you and your family and can’t wait to create some amazing memories together!
Thank you for supporting our local small business!